Sergeant Heath Williams is the Chaplain for
the Cochran Police Department. The Chaplain’s Program was established in 2004.
The Chaplain’s services are offered to all people, regardless of race, gender or religion. The Chaplain does not try to recruit people to his or her church affiliation. The Chaplain is there to provide support and encouragement to department personnel and members of the public when requested.
The Chaplain’s duties may consist of:
- Visiting a sick officer or member of his family while in the hospital.
- Delivering death notifications whether it s a fellow officer or a citizen of the community.
- Assisting with public relations with clergy and religious leaders in the community.
- Being called to pray at different ceremonies.
- Provide assistance to victims in whatever need they might have.
Chaplin Williams would like to thank the City of Cochran for its support of the Chaplain’s program.